Scholarships for Adult Non-Traditional College Students
The Charlotte Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. implemented a new scholarship program recognizing the need to expand our scholarship program. This scholarship is designed for undergraduate adult students, ages 25 or older, who are pursuing or continuing a degree program at a public, private or not-for-profit accredited four-year college/university within Mecklenburg County. This Scholarship is a minimum of $2,500.
The scholarship is awarded to adults who desire to enhance their opportunities for career advancement and success. Adult classes may be taken on a part-time basis with a combination of online and in-class instruction.
Application submission starts on FEBRUARY 6, 2023 through MARCH 31, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. using the online application provided in the link below. We will not accept any hard copy applications or hard copy letters of recommendation.
The Scholarship Committee will select applicants to participate in the interview process. Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, all applicants will not be selected for an interview. Only the top applicants will be selected for interviews. The applicant interviews will be conducted in April 2023.
Our 2023 “Advancing the Dream” Adult Non-Traditional College Scholarship criteria is listed below:
- Must be an African American Adult Student
- Must be currently enrolled in a public, private or not-for-profit four-year accredited institution of higher education in Mecklenburg County. (A combination of online and in-class instructions will be considered.)
- Must have a career/cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Must submit two online letters of recommendations – one from a faculty/staff at the institution currently attending and one from the community, church or employment
- Must verify your GPA by uploading your most recent transcript which reflects your career/cumulative GPA. If we do not receive this information, your application will be disqualified.
- Must write an essay as indicated in the application
In addition to the above, all applicants:
- Must submit two letters of recommendation
- Must write an essay (300 min. – 500 max. words)
- Must scan a certified copy of your transcript and be prepared to upload the transcript to the scholarship application website. The certified transcript must reflect your career/cumulative GPA
If there are any questions regarding the above information or the scholarship application process, please contact the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
APPLICATION DUE BY 11:59 p.m. ON MARCH 31, 2023.